- SOA for Broadcasters: How modern software systems can serve media businesses (Nov 2013)
- Testing FIMS 1.0 article by Ian Hamilton is CTO, Signiant (Broadcast Engineering, Feb 2013)
- The Business Case for FIMS (Feb 2013)
- IBC2012 Bloomberg Use Case (Sep 2012)
- NAB 2012 Q&A sheet (Apr 2012)
- File Based systems and FIMS - how they fit together (Jan 2012)
A white paper by Brad Gilmer which explains how the current and future advances provide operational benefits and enable improved system architectures.
- Smooth Asset Workflows, Bigfoot, and UFOs (Oct 2011)
A paper presented to the 2011 SMPTE Annual Technical Conference by Harold S. Geller, Ad-ID and Chris Lennon, Harris Corporation focussing on asset identification and exploitation of commercials
- FIMS - A Summary (Sep 2010)
An overview of the goals of the FIMS Task Force on a single sheet.
- Service Orientated Architectures (Sep 2010)
A short description of how SOA can be applied to broadcast processes